Job Number: 26197
Freeman+Leonard is seeking a contract Spanish Translator for an 18-month assignment.
This is HYBRID with a requirement to be ONSITE 4 days per week (M-Th) in Addison.
The Spanish Translator will provide English to Spanish language translation and marketing transcreations as well as proofreading and editing. May include marketing collateral, texts, posts, crisis communications, educational pieces, video translation for subtitles/voice replacement. Requires BA or MA in Translation [English to Spanish/Spanish to English], Communications or Spanish major. At least 5 years experience translating/transcreating sales and marketing materials, as well as crisis communications. Experience using a Computer Assisted Translation (CAT) program such as SDL/Trados and terminology glossaries. Proficiency in WORD, Excel and PowerPoint. Able to work in a team, with multiple projects, multiple channels and deadlines in a fast-paced environment, including the ability to be flexible with crisis or process changes.
- Helps to produce Spanish-language Creative Services US jobs, and uses Workfront daily to complete Spanish Tasks and bill time.
- Uses the Computer Assisted Translation (CAT) Application, to open translation jobs and translates within the Online Editor interphase to to maintain company Spanish translation memory and terminology databases on a daily basis.
- With direction from Supervisor, the Spanish Translation Contractor, coordinates deadlines, prioritizes projects and works to ensure timeframes and quality requirements are met. Translates, transcreates, edits and proofreads printed and digital communications targeted to the Spanish-speaking sales force and consumers.
- Utilizes strong creative abilities as an English to Spanish translator. Is fully knowledgeable and sensitive to cultural nuances and can deliver Spanish content without any mistranslations, and without any Spanish grammar and punctuation errors. Candidate must also be able to maintain balanced neutrality that can appropriately respond to regional differences of the 20+ countries that speak Spanish in order to make Spanish-language content as inclusive as possible.
- Works with Supervisor and wider Spanish Team as needed, to understand the goals and messaging of content and interfaces with department-wide teams on the processes of production, routing, correcting, and translating copy.
- Gives appropriate input to internal clients, Creative Services Department Content Team copywriters and other departmental team members regarding cultural relevancy when translating into Spanish Company Challenges, Contests, Programs and Themes. Brainstorms ideas and suggestions that could help Spanish-speaking content be perceived by Spanish-speaking independent sales force members and consumers as culturally relevant, sensitive and natural.
- Have the ability to translate materials from Spanish into English as needed for AV, Education, Special Events, and Product/Marketing projects.
- Translates, edits and reviews subtitling of audiovisual materials, such as Product/Marketing, Product Education, and Special Events videos.
- BA or MA in Translation [English to Spanish/Spanish to English], Communications, or Spanish major. At least 5 years experience translating/transcreating sales and marketing materials, as well as crisis communications.
- Spanish translation and transcreation experience for Sales and Marketing materials.
- Experience using a Computer Assisted Translation (CAT) program such as SDL/Trados and terminology glossaries.
- Able to work in a team, with multiple projects, multiple channels, deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- The ability to be flexible with crisis or process changes.