Category: Packaging Designer
Job Number: 26053
Freeman+Leonard is seeking a Packaging Project Managers for a packaging production client
This is a full time, onsite role in Irving, TX
Packaging Project Managers are the key facilitators within the supply chain for packaging artwork so you will communicate via email and phone with clients, design agencies, printers, and suppliers to ensure printability of artworks. Our expectation is that this role act as the primary figure within the process to maintain client relationships.
Must be a self-starter, have motivation and be able to perform with minimal supervision.
Knowledge of print processes is vital to be successful in this role.
- Centralized Communications - serve as the centralized communication point for clients, suppliers and team members during the artwork development and production phase.
- Workflow - enforces a streamlined workflow of the client’s global processes by utilizing the MIS system for order entry.
- Organization - ensure that all assets are captured in the project and files are categorized and well organized. This is a key component to being successful in this role as you will have multiple projects with different scopes and timing to deal with at the same time.
- Resource Planning - assist with providing information to map out intended client projects in a capacity plan for review against other work in progress.
- Oversight - manage the schedule throughout the project lifecycle to track progress and make necessary adjustments for any changes that may be necessary to shift project back on track.
- Approvals - secure approvals at all stages of the workflow process.
- Quality Assurance Reviews - make certain our work meets our quality standards and that tasks and projects are completed properly to ensure client satisfaction. Verify technical supplied data aligns with supplied artworks.
- Problem Resolution - monitor problem projects to ensure that issues are communicated and resolved satisfactorily and on a timely basis.
- Meeting Scheduling / Coordination – schedule and attend pre-production meetings with clients, printers and internal stakeholders when needed.
- Creative Direction - assist our team with communicating creative direction regarding project scope.
Knowledge & Skills Required
- Proven experience in project management in a retail/CPG environment
- Strong understanding of the packaging graphics industry
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and re-prioritize in high-pressure situations
- Knowledge of flexographic, offset and gravure print processes
- Solid computer skills in both Mac environments
- At least 4 years of experience in packaging project management and a college degree in Graphics Arts or related graphic communication field is preferred. Any combination of education/work experience will substitute for minimum requirements.