Category: Digital Media Specialist
Job Number: 26338
Our agency client is looking for a Media Supervisor that manages the day-to-day process of all retail media planning and buying efforts for clients. Works collaboratively across the agency with Account Leadership, Growth Sciences, Creative and Ecommerce teams. Motivates and trains junior media team members. Assists in the management and implementation of department and agency policies. Fiscally responsible for client media budgets. 5+ years of experience developing strategic digital media campaigns and presenting them to internal teams and clients is required.
The Media Supervisor is responsible for managing large-scale client accounts and is a seasoned media professional with extensive knowledge of the retail media ecosystem and how to work effectively in an agency environment. Relationship building, internally and externally, with proven effective communication and multi-tasking skills are highly desired.
- Leads all media-specific client activity from communication through to program results.
- Oversees client budget maintenance and ensures zero-defect completion of all media budget documents.
- Identifies opportunities to achieve agency revenue initiatives and improve client or vendor product.
- Executes and supports department and agency policies and initiatives across the media team
- Maintains overall control of workflow and assigned subordinate responsibilities within the group, overseeing the progress of all projects.
- Establishes media goals, objectives, and strategies for developing retail media plans for all clients in conjunction with clients, media director and other agency departments.
- Develops and writes media plans, as well as coaching planners and assistants write and develop media plans. Presents media plans to Media Director, Account Services and / or Client for approval and adjusts as necessary.
- Responsible for developing the skill and knowledge base of those more junior as well as supervising, advising, and counseling the media group in all daily activities. Encourages individual subordinate pro-activity, initiative, and productivity.
- Provides an energy level and attitude that brings new and exciting ideas to the media planning function. Motivates planners and assistant planners and encourages innovation and creativity throughout all projects by serving as a role model within the media group / team.
- Assists in formal training of media planners and assistants in planning principles and best practices of preparing, evaluating, and implementing media plans across all media.
- Develops and implements processes for the management of the strategic and tactical execution of all media products. Ensures that projects are produced completely, correctly and with a maximum of manpower efficiency.
- Can clearly articulate the importance of retail media to stakeholders, communicating the extensive channels and tactics recommended to achieve client objectives
- Experience working with media platforms and tools is desirable, but not required. Examples include Programmatic DSPs (e.g. The Trade Desk), Social, DCM and Skai).
- Self-starter and eager to be the leading voice in discussions but also understands the benefit of learning from other’s experiences
- Professional/positive attitude, with an emphasis on a people-first approach
- Able to work independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Excellent written/verbal communication and presentation skills
- Pays strong attention to detail
- Excellent organizational skills, being able to manage multiple projects at once in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- A good teacher and passionate about educating others
- Strong negotiator
- Familiar with ad serving and media research tools
- Able to conceptualize media and creative executions together
- Experience in media analytics; ideally in connecting media to sales
- Able to conduct data analysis and provide insights from findings
- Enjoys problem solving and can adapt to new technologies and processes
- Able to work effectively across functional groups and geographic offices
- Computer experience required – Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Ability to travel as needed
- Experience: 5+ years of developing strategic digital media campaigns and presenting them to internal teams and clients
- Understands planning and executing shopper media with emphasis on key retailers including: Walmart, Amazon and grocery or specialty retailers
- CPG experience preferred
- Education: Four-year degree in Communication, Marketing, or related field