Category: Event/Meeting Planner
Job Number: 26419
We are seeking an events manager to join our in-house marketing team who will have the opportunity to enhance our customer and employee experiences through engaging, meaningful, and impactful events. Must be able to work a hybrid schedule in Irving/Las Colinas area.
This is a unique opportunity to become part of a group that is passionate about great work, telling compelling stories and creating thoughtful experiences for a dynamic company. A successful candidate will serve as an integral member of our marketing team and should have experience planning and implementing a wide variety of conference and event programs (in-house or agency).
The events manager is responsible for collaborating with companies and shared services teams to plan, produce, and execute powerful, creative events that strengthen relationships and improve our stakeholder journeys.
- Event management across the network as well as our shared services teams/departments
- Conference and event planning, development, and execution
- Vendor partnership research, connections, contracting, and resource management
- Manage incoming requests from designated companies across the network to ensure a high degree of client service, collaboration, and quality in execution
- Project and budget management of all events for the company in partnership with teammates across the network
- Develops creative and innovative event concepts/touchpoints that make an impact
- Manages event logistics to ensure timeliness, accuracy, and high-quality execution
- Measurement + reporting of event KPIs
- Create and contribute fresh ideas, identify, and implement new tools to maximize our investment in conferences and events
- Prioritize, organize, and perform multiple responsibilities or projects simultaneously, making decisions independently and taking ownership for wide ranging responsibilities that also meet time constraints and tight deadlines, and operate in a fast-paced, and dynamic environment
- The ability to clearly and confidently present ideas in front of both internal and external audiences with a drive for innovative thinking
- Provide creative executions to promote all brands, messages, and stories in live, experiential environments
- Provides outstanding client service and collaborates both locally and across multiple offices with a focus on not only your success, but also the success of others
- 4-5 years of event management experience in a corporate or agency setting
- Works with a high degree of independence and is a self-starter
- Ability to effectively collaborate with different partners, teammates, and clients
- High energy with an entrepreneurial spirit
- BA in marketing, communications, or journalism (internship experience is a plus)
- Strong writing, editing, and proofreading skills
- Strong skill set working in Office Suite: PPT, Word, Excel
- Successful track record in executing impactful events, measuring success, and managing budgets
- Portfolio of work samples are required at interview stage
- Excellent project management and organization skills
- Role does require travel for site visits, on-site staffing of events, meetings with teammates across the network, etc.