Category: Media Director
Job Number: 26293
The Director of Strategic Reputation Management creates and implements the key elements of communication activities that promote, enhance and protect the company’s brand reputation and align with and support broader communications and media relations efforts. This individual will report directly to the VP, Communications & Media Relations and work closely with the Chief Client Experience & Marketing Officer, VP of Strategic Marketing, Director of Internal Communications and other senior leaders to create and implement a strategic, multi-faceted program designed to build and strengthen the firm’s reputation, support broader efforts to address reputational challenges and identify and pursue opportunities to advance the brand. *Must be able to work a hybrid schedule in Fort Worth, TX.
This person will be responsible for the development, integration, and implementation of a broad range of communication activities supporting the strategic direction and positioning of the organization and its executive leadership. This person serves as a trusted partner to company executives, providing counsel and helping to enhance the company's success.
The Director of Strategic Reputation Management will be a seasoned and forward-thinking communicator who will play an instrumental role in putting forward the company’s best image.
- Directs the company's reputation management initiatives in support of the company’s broader communications and media relations efforts.
- Supervises the Online Reputation Manager in the design, production and dissemination of online content to ensure key brand values are integrated into the messaging.
- Collaborates with external partners in various disciplines (include media relations and market research) to ensure reputation alignment with the brand marketing efforts.
- Serves as a senior strategic counselor to executive leadership. Employs effective partnership skills and possesses an ability to quickly identify areas for action, delegation and/or outsourcing. Provides support for crisis communications efforts, including ongoing monitoring of key channels.
Online Reputation Manager
Desire and potential to progress into team leadership of strategic communicators and content writers within 2-3 years
Skills & Qualifications
- College degree required
- Communications, journalism, or English degree preferred
At least 7 years related experience required
Demonstrated excellence in writing with ability to produce clear, concise messaging that resonates with targeted audiences
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Strategic thinker with understanding of the bigger picture and how to evaluate and support achievement and assessment of the end goal
Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated success in building and maintaining strong relationships with senior leaders and key stakeholders.
Effective in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment; able to meet multiple deadlines and prioritize simultaneous projects
- Strong organizational and project management skills and the ability to multitask and shift priorities as business needs require.
- Strong listening and problem-solving skills
- Experience coaching, supervising, and managing a team with direct or indirect reporting relationships.
Knowledge of the U.S. military (prior military service is a plus, and a passion for service members and military families is essential)
Experience in the financial services industry (familiarity with FINRA and SEC advertising rules and regulations is ideal)
Background in media relations or in journalism with emphasis on news writing and story idea creation is a plus.