Category: Art Director
Job Number: 25873
Freeman+Leonard is seeking a Concept Artist for a full time opportunity with an advertising agency
Hybrid work schedule in Plano, TX. Must have a portfolio with relevant samples.
We need a thinker and doer eager to explore new ways to connect with consumers beyond offering a product. If blending analytics with intuition and imagination makes your eyes sparkle, read on!
Our ideal candidate:
- You' re a creator to the core. Making things makes you happy.
- You have an eye for good design and visual storytelling, and can articulate why something does or does not work for you.
- You know your craft, but never cease learning or improving your skills.
- Your broad interests inform and elevate your creative work.
- You' re an empathetic collaborator who anticipates the needs of stakeholders or other creatives.
- You find the right balance between being detail-oriented and result-oriented.
- You enjoy unusual problem-solving challenges, and tight deadlines do not phase you.
- You' re a proactive teammate who motivates or inspires those around you.
- You understand the concept behind a visual execution is as important as the design itself. Without the why, there is no what.
- You excel at clear communication, and have the ability to operate autonomously with little direction once a project gets hectic.
- Research relevant subject matter to brainstorm and interpret design needs for a given project or brief.
- Quickly turn ideas into multiple rough sketches for approval.
- Create bold, polished previsualization artwork for video, animation, gaming, or experiential projects in collaboration with directors, producers, and CG artists.
- Sketch clear storyboards for live action, animated, and interactive projects.
- Generate a consistent visual style tailored to the messaging needs of each project' s stakeholders.
- Participate in feedback consultations and make necessary revisions in a timely manner.
- Obsess over the latest trends in art, pop culture, and design to keep your work fresh and relevant.
- Degree in graphic design, entertainment design, or fine art preferred.
- A strong portfolio of work showing impeccable draftsmanship, style, and storytelling clarity.
- Minimum of 2+ years of experience in commercial art, preferably for animation, comics, motion pictures, or gaming industries.
- Proficiency in traditional sketching as well as digital art programs such as Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketchbook Pro, Procreate or Clip Studio Paint.
- Huge bonus points for 3D program usage (Blender, Maya, Cinema 4D, Z Brush, Substance Suite, etc.)
- Open to travel, extended hours, and weekend work as necessary.